Thursday, April 24, 2014

UCM 10.0 - Video on Hold

Video on hold is a new feature available in UCM 10.0, working together with MediaSense.  In my lab I have my UCM 10.0 and MediaSense 10.0 integrated, and in this blog post I will not go through how we integrate them as it is a quite straightforward.  I will focus on how to get the Video on Hold to work.

1.  On UCM, check out the new "Video On Hold Server" option under "Media Resources"


2.  Add a new VoH server.  The Default Video Content Identifier is the video SIP URI configured on MediaSense.  You can make a call to, say in my case, ciscovideo@10.1.90.61 and view the video streaming.  The configuration on the MediaSense side will be done later.  Unlike audio MoH which you can choose the audio music source, in UCM 10.0 I can't find a place that you can play different video files by different endpoints, which means all the phones need to play the same video file for their VoH.  If anyone find it is not true, feel free to let me know.


3.  Create a Media resource group to contain this VoH, and add this MRG to your MRGL.  Try to move this VoH above your MoH MRG in your MRGL.
4.  On the MediaSense side, you need to upload the move to the MediaSense server.  You need to make sure your video file is H.264 with audio track, and what I have done is I will convert my video source file first before upload to the MediaSense server.  This is the convertor I used on my Mac.  I used the iPhone 4 profile to do the conversion.


5.  Go to MediaSense > Media File Management, upload your file to the MediaSense server.  The file resolution will be converted to either 640x480 or 640x360.


6.  Then the final step is the most important.  In the Incoming Call Configuration, add an try reference to your video file.  This is the URI that is exposed to outside world so that the UCM can use it as the video on hold source.  It is the name you use in your UCM Video on Hold server "Default Video Content Identifier" field.


Done!  To see how it works you can checkout my youtube demo video:

5 comments:

malik said...

HI Danny,

Amazing blog u got.

i got a question, did u manage to record or implemnt cisco media sense with unity connection. i am trying to record video messages plus when user dial in and it goes to VM they should see the video message. can u please assist.

Mike Mosher said...

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would update:

" in UCM 10.0 I can't find a place that you can play different video files by different endpoints, which means all the phones need to play the same video file for their VoH. If anyone find it is not true, feel free to let me know"

According to a Cisco Live video I watched today, You can only have 1 VOH video file per Sip Trunk. You can have multiple Sip Trunks, and associate different Route Patterns to these trunks. You can then add multiple VOH server sources and add them to different MRGs and MRGLs.

Unknown said...

HI Danny ,

Awesome blog.
I have a small question.With the normal CUBE-Based recording also will it work?

Richie

Unknown said...

Hi Danny ,


Awesome Blog.
Have a small question.
Can we make it work with Cube-Based recording also?


Regards
Richie

Unknown said...

Hai Danny,

nice blog,

i already followed step by step in this blog to implementation VoH,

but no work, cau you please to help me.


regards

reman